Rodent infestations can be a serious issue.
At Midway Pest Management, we offer complete rodent control services. Inspections are conducted to identify animal damage, wiring, insulation, and ductwork. We provide personalized reports with detailed service options and estimates.
Don’t wait until rats take over your home or business! Get timely action and advice from an expert exterminator. Our team ensures the quick removal of pests in a safe manner.
Breathe easy knowing you have professional rodent control services at your disposal.
Contact Midway Pest Management now for an effective solution to your pest problem!
Rodents Commonly Found in Johnson County
Rodents pose a major problem for homeowners and businesses in Johnson County.
Knowing the types of rodents found in the area is essential for effective pest control.
- Norway rats: Big, brown burrowers notorious for wrecking crops and spreading disease.
- House mice: Small, light-gray nuisances guilty of feasting on our food and damaging structures.
- Deer mice: Powerful jumpers and notorious carriers of diseases like hantavirus and Lyme.
For effective rodent control, contact Midway Pest Management for the best pest removal solution. Stop these unwanted pests from taking over your home or business right now!
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Dealing with rodents requires swift action, preventive measures, and persistence. Taking appropriate steps when you detect a pest infestation is essential to protect your property from the costly damage these pests can cause.
Knowing their telltale signs can help you get rid of them fast.
- Rodent droppings: A sure sign of an active infestation. Pointed at one end and usually with hair. Clean them up safely.
- Gnaw marks: Rats and mice need to gnaw to keep their teeth sharp. Look for distinct marks as evidence of mice activity.
- Greasy streaks: Scraping against the walls leaves tell-tale signs – greasy streaks! Keep an eye out for this indicator of rodent presence.
- Damaged materials: They love munching on plastic and wood, leaving holes in floorboards and walls in their wake. Damage is a surefire sign of rodent activity.
- Nesting materials: Shredded paper, dried plant matter, or fabric? These might look innocent but often point to a nesting site.
- Strange noises in the walls and ceilings: Rodents scurry through walls and between floors, making rustling noises and scratching sounds as they go.
- Unusual odors coming from floorboards or behind walls: Rodents leave a lingering smell if left undetected for a period of time.
Risks Associated with Rodent Infestation
- Diseases: Rodents carry a wide range of diseases such as Hantavirus and Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, that can spread to humans through bite wounds, contaminated food, and water, or inhaling germs from rodent urine/feces. These can cause mild to severe symptoms, and in some cases be fatal.
- Allergies: Rodent fur, dander, and droppings can cause allergic reactions such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and asthma.
- Structural damage: Rodents can chew on furniture/walls/insulation causing significant damage & gnawing on electrical wires increases the risk of fires.
- Odor: Urine & feces produce unpleasant odors that are difficult to remove completely.
Keep Rodents Away With Midway Pest Management
Rodent control is essential for protecting human health and property. Midway Pest Management provides effective and efficient strategies to combat these unwelcome pests. With their experienced professionals, advanced technologies, and integrated approach, preventing rodent infestations can be much easier.
Our Rodent Control Services
Mouse and Rat Control
Mice and rats can be difficult to remove from a home or business. Effective control of these pesky rodents requires a combination of approaches including exclusion, trapping, baiting, and eliminating food sources.
Vole Population Control
Voles are prolific breeders that rapidly become overpopulated if not properly managed. To keep vole populations in check, habitat manipulation is necessary to reduce numbers and prevent new infestations.
Chipmunk Population Control
Chipmunks can be difficult to control given their hardy nature. Effective population control includes using traps, repellents, poison-free bait stations, and removing potential food sources.
Attic Insulation Contamination From Rodents
Our team offers attic insulation restoration services to restore damaged and unhealthy insulation. Rodents can create an environment that is hazardous. Attics removal and sanitation of insulation are recommended.
Residential Pest Control Service
We offer a tailored solution that protects your home from unwanted critters such as rodents, ticks, cockroaches, spiders, stinging insects, and many more.
Commercial Pest Control Service
Our pest control services provide a safe and efficient approach to eliminating pests from commercial spaces.
Bed Bugs Control
We offer a service that eliminates bed bug infestations and helps to prevent future ones.
We also specialize in addressing wildlife and animal control concerns. Our services include the removal of raccoons, squirrels, bats, and skunks. If you find a dead animal that you cannot dispose of, we are here to help you.
Our team can provide assistance with bird removal from vents, vent guard installations, and related services.
…and many more!
How do rodents get into homes and buildings?
Rodents can enter homes and buildings through small cracks or gaps in walls, doors, windows, and roofs. They can also come in through pipes, vents, and drains.
How long does it take to eliminate a pest infestation?
Completely eliminating a common pest infestation can take time and may require professional pest control services for lasting results. DIY techniques are often ineffective with severe breakouts.
Will trapping or poisoning rodents harm other animals?
When done properly, trapping or poisoning rodents should not harm other animals. However, it’s important to use these methods responsibly and according to the instructions provided by the pest control technician to avoid unintended harm to other animals.
Can I control a rodent infestation on my own?
While DIY methods may work for some situations, it’s best to seek help from professional pest control services like ours for recurrent infestations.
How often should I have my home inspected for rodents?
It’s a good idea to have your home inspected for rodents on a regular basis, particularly if you live in an area with a high risk of infestation. A professional pest control service can provide recommendations based on your specific situation.
What should I do if I find a dead rodent in my home?
If you find a dead rodent in your home, dispose of it properly by wearing gloves and placing it in a sealed plastic bag before disposing of it in the trash. Also, bugs and ants may also be present so it’s important to sanitize the area where you found it. For a much safer option, you can contact us for any kind of wildlife removal.
What should I do if I see a rodent in my home?
If you see a rodent in your home, it’s important to take action immediately. You need to contact your go-to pest control company.
How does Midway Pest Management handle rodent infestations?
Our pest control technicians use a variety of methods to control rodents, including trapping, baiting, exclusion, and sanitation. We will conduct a thorough inspection of your home to identify the source of the infestation and create a customized treatment plan to address the problem.
Is rodent control safe for my family and pets?
Yes, Midway Pest Management uses safe and effective methods to control rodents that are not harmful to humans or pets. We also take precautions to ensure that our treatments do not pose a risk to the environment.
How can I prevent a rodent infestation in the future?
To prevent future infestations homeowners should seal cracks, clear clutter away, and store food in airtight containers securely, taking heed of advice from experts where needed.
Why Choose Us?
Worried about a rodent infestation? Midway Pest Management provides expert elimination services you can trust. We provide knowledgeable wildlife control advice for homes in Missouri and Kansas. Our professionals can safely remove nuisance wildlife from your property.
From inspections to treatment and customization, your needs are taken care of with our comprehensive services. Our detailed approach ensures rodents stay out for good.
With 24/7 customer support and affordable rates, find out how we can help protect your home and sanity today. No job is too big or small for our experts at Midway Pest Management! Don’t risk your safety – contact us today.